This briefing paper outlined by the House of Commons Library shows a variety of information ranging from statistics on plastic waste in the UK to information on sustainable initiatives and networks dedicated to reduce plastic pollution and marine plastic. As the UK approximately uses 5 million tonnes of plastic every year, discover what the UK government is doing to improve the infrastructure of our recycling system in order to reduce as much avoidable plastic waste as possible.
How the Prevented Ocean Plastic guidelines work
- Working based on academic definitions for ocean bound plastic.
- Applying OceanCycle certification.
- Providing full traceability from coastline of collection, to final product on shelves.
- All plastic products with our stamp use a minimum of 30% Prevented Ocean Plastic, with many products over 50% inclusion.
- Substantial and real industry level recycling.