Curious about how our partners OceanCycle work on the ground and what the reality is for the bottle collectors who play an important role in preventing ocean plastic? In this episode of the Nothing Wasted Podcast, OceanCycle co-founder Ryan Schoenike talks about the ins and outs of OceanCycle’s work and their certification programme and the impact of the pandemic. He discusses the importance of policies in dealing with ocean-bound plastics as well as how to tackle some of the issues with low value plastics, and so much more!
How the Prevented Ocean Plastic guidelines work
- Working based on academic definitions for ocean bound plastic.
- Applying OceanCycle certification.
- Providing full traceability from coastline of collection, to final product on shelves.
- All plastic products with our stamp use a minimum of 30% Prevented Ocean Plastic, with many products over 50% inclusion.
- Substantial and real industry level recycling.