Episode 80 of the NothingWasted! Podcast features Rob Kaplan, CEO and founder of Circulate Capital – an investment firm dedicated to financing companies which advance the circular economy and prevent plastic waste from entering our oceans. With the global pandemic stimulating an increase in the usage of single-use plastics and PPE (Personal protective equipment), ocean plastics has become under the spotlight as consumer demand for sustainability increases. Discover how the recycling and waste industry plays a significant role advancing the circular economy and how Circulate Capital’s Ocean Fund has raised $100 million with global brands such as PepsiCo, Coca Cola and many more.
How the Prevented Ocean Plastic guidelines work
- Working based on academic definitions for ocean bound plastic.
- Applying OceanCycle certification.
- Providing full traceability from coastline of collection, to final product on shelves.
- All plastic products with our stamp use a minimum of 30% Prevented Ocean Plastic, with many products over 50% inclusion.
- Substantial and real industry level recycling.