The Washington State Department of Ecology hired consulting firms Cascadia Consulting Group, Full Circle Environmental and More Recycling to examine the barriers of increasing recycled content in packaging. Lack of supply, low oil prices were two of the five barriers identified. A number of solutions are discussed.
How the Prevented Ocean Plastic guidelines work
- Working based on academic definitions for ocean bound plastic.
- Applying OceanCycle certification.
- Providing full traceability from coastline of collection, to final product on shelves.
- All plastic products with our stamp use a minimum of 30% Prevented Ocean Plastic, with many products over 50% inclusion.
- Substantial and real industry level recycling.